Monday, September 28, 2009

I love Mondays!

Most people you will talk to hate Monday mornings as it signals the end of the weekend and having to go back to work. Monday is like the morning, it's a new beginning. A brand new week filled with possibilities. Normally I am not an optimisitic person, however, I am learning that being on the pessimistic side all the time is not as much fun.

This morning, I am drinking my coffee and listening to my two year old playing with is truck that he likes to ride instead of push, around the house. I love the peacefulness once the older 3 are off to school and the baby is just happily playing or watching his choo choo show. (Thomas the Tanke Engine).

Of course now that my coffee is almost gone it will soon be time to get up and go run errands and plan tonights dinner. The joys of being mom! There is nothing I love more than being Mommy. I know there are people out there who have children and hate every second of it. I think its great to watch their four different personalities develope and see how they grow into themselves. Soon I will be a mom to a pre-teen and entering a whole new era of parenthood....the dreaded teen years. I look forward to every challenging minute of it. Not say that there are not days where I want to wring their little necks for dragging mud through the house I just cleaned, or painting the bottoms of their feet and hands with craft paint and making footprints on the floor and handprints on the wall...Yes that really happened.

Each phase of parenting brings a whole new set of challenges and learning experiences. I tell my 11 year old daughter all the time that she is the one I get to make all the mistakes with and learn from for the other 3. To which she will reply with, "Yup, and I get to make mistakes too so that you can learn from my mistakes for the other 3". She is quite the character.

Well my coffee is gone and its time to get started on those errands.

Until next time....

No comments:

Post a Comment