Monday, January 18, 2010

Happy New Year :)

I know that I am late posting Happy New Year, but I do hope that everyone had a great holiday and a Happy New Year! I don't make New Years resolutions because they are doomed to fail. Have you ever made a resolution that you kept? Instead I make New Year Changes. Changes have a way of sticking better than resolutions.

So one new year change I am making is to make the children my first priority and spending more time with them. SO every saturday is dinner night out. Every other Friday is family game night and the other Fridays are Family movie night.
I also have decided to put their dad out of everyday conversation. To most people this sounds extremely harsh, but living everyday with them asking why he doesnt call or send them christmas presents is enough. Daddy started out being a really good dad but lately sperm donor status seems to be the new role he has decided to take on. He believes its my responsiblity to make them call HIM instead of him being the Dad and calling them. I wish I knew how to fix that situation, but I don't so instead I am resigning to asking them only once a week if they want to call him and if they say no, then that is the end of the conversation.

Why is it that it seems that men have no interest in their children unless they are there every day all day?

Anyway enough of that. Working and raising 4 children keeps me pretty busy. My goal is to have a place of our own as soon as possible. As a family we need our own space so that they can have their routines established and be themselves. Tired seems to be a permanent fixture in my life, but its worth it to have all my children with me and watching them grow up. Its sad that Matthew will be 3 soon and Kira will be 12 very shortly. I have no idea where the time goes.

Well now its time for me to go do the few things I have to do before getting ready for work! I hope that all is well with you all!

Until Next Time.......

No comments:

Post a Comment