Tuesday, October 6, 2009

Cloudy with a Chance of Meatballs....

I took Little Man to see this movie. It was pretty funny and a whole lot strange. The end of the movie scared Little Man I believe. He did not like when the Brent character (who by the way is totally disgusting LOL) got swallowed by one of the Man eating chickens! All in all thought it was a good movie. The underlying tone of the movie is to accept people for who they are.

The parent child relationship is a complicated thing as it is. When the parent does not understand the child he or she is raising it makes it that much more complicated. As a mom (and let's face it, I can not really speak for Dad's out there because I am not one) I love each of my children unconditionally and for who they are. Each one has a (VERY) unique personality and even though (especially) with my oldest there is a lot that I do not understand about her, I accept that she is who she is and love her for being able to be just that.
Probably one of the hardest parts of parenting, whether a single parent or not, is to help your child become their own individual self. All children tend to want to follow the trends and be like everyone else. Bug, is one of the few children I know that wants to fit in, but wants to fit in as herself. Its hard to teach our children the value of being themselves and not trying to be someone they are not for other people. I seem to have managed this with the older 3 and hopefully will accomplish this for Little Man.

Until next time...

No comments:

Post a Comment